May 21, 2002

visiting friends
After all a painting isn't really a still life or landscape, it's a mere canvas. It can never be real life. It has to be a painting. (via riley dog)

a self-portrait of elaine de kooning

I am fascinated by people who have more exciting emotional lives, though they tell me that it is nothing worth envying --- but to me, the placidity of my inner life reminds me something of the weather in my native Los Angeles --- always the same, sunny, with a few exciting thunderstorms, perhaps, now and then, but basically uniform throughout the year. Not too hot, not too cold. In other words, boring, even though lots of people seem to love that. Mitsu

...forget bioterrorism. How about our natural living conditions? Kristina

The Benefits of Good Posture
Better body balance is one of the key benefits of good posture. A person can move more efficiently and there is less stress on the joints, bones, disks and cartilage. Other benefits of good posture include:
• Improved health, appearance and coordination
• Increased strength and stamina
• Clothes fit better
• Greater confidence
• Reduced possibility of injury
• Improved physical and mental development

I can't handle change. Susan

In complete control,
pretending control.
With dignified authority,
we are charlatans...
Or maybe just a goat's-hair brush in a painter's hand.
We have no idea what we are.

from The Illuminated Rumi (via Born Famous)

I once said "I cannot make myself run across a field, but I can release the lion that will chase me across it." Dr. Menlo

Outside the station, late last night. In a sleeping bag, sitting up. She was distressed, but wasn't bothering anyone. She said that she had an eye infection. Her accent was eastern European.
I did what I could to help. I will try to find out if I can do more.
Other than that, Sunday wasn't too bad. Plep

Aesthetics is a form of consciousness.

art related
Mixedgreens.com is a curated site with work for sale by emerging artists. --faxwerk-- The following is a description of the steps required for the creation of a life cast: --We present a new framework for processing images by example, called "image analogies." --VIRTUAL COLORMUSEUM--aNDREAS gURSKY FOTO OF mONTPARNASSE--Daniel Johnston Gallery II The Eternal Battle--near death experience--The David Mach Website--Franko B was born in Milan, Italy in 1960 but has lived in London since 1979. --Haring Kids--A series of drawings from an isometric perspective, in the style of a computer game. --The fate of E.T. Wickham’s historical sculpture park in north central Palmyra, Tennessee, is one of the tragedies of 20th Century folk art. (via Haddock)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google